DESIGNING A KITCHEN




Good Morning!  January 5th.... the holidays are over and I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but it's time to get back to work.

Better embrace it cause time is tick.... tick.... ticking.

I know you want to punch me huh:)

If you've been following me on Instagram maybe you caught some pictures of a new project I have been working on.  The biggest part of it is the kitchen....and lucky for me the builder/homeowner [Michael Ladisic of Ladisic Fine Homes] is working with Matthew Quinn of Design Galleria.

Talk about jackpot.  Kapow!

At our first meeting the homeowner had thoughts of gray cabinets mixed with red.  Since I am a visual person I ran around the showroom looking for some red, brass, and pewter to get a feel of how it would look!



After we left I went searching for some inspiration and saw this image.  A little deeper than red with hints of plum and burgundy.


Pretty huh?



Here is a picture of the space looking straight on.  You can't see it in this picture but to the right is a pantry about the size of my guest room:)

That is actually where the red cabinets will be and in the main part of the kitchen they are dark gray mixed with a rifted oak island.


Here is the color for the red....which is more of a deep burgundy color.

So....here is how it would look all together....

The brass fixtures will go over the island and the Hicks fixture will go over a vintage island in the pantry.

I can't wait to see this one come together....working with Matthew Quinn is amazing.  

A few thoughts he has about putting together a kitchen....

**No more than 3 different metals or 3 different colors in one space.  
**He also said after selecting your stone either use the same material as the backsplash or choose a subtle complementary textured tile.  If the countertops are honed [dull] choose the opposite finish for a tile backsplash.

You can find 25 tips for designing a kitchen from Matthew here

I will keep you posted on this one as it unfolds.  The cabinets are being installed now.

Y'all....for some reason I woke up at 3:40 AM....I tried my best to go back to sleep finally getting up at 4:15 and watched some TV.....back to sleep at 5:15 and no luck so back up.

It is gonna be a loooooooong day:(

Shadragging




18 comments

Kathysue said...

Stunning, I love this combinations! Very handsome! Happy Monday, let the games begin!!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

This combo is making me very happy. And I love all the great windows in the space.

Normangirl said...

Beautiful. The color reminds me of the Pantone 2015 Color of the Year!

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

The burgundy is a nice change and something you don't see that often or at all. It's going to look great!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I could not love this more. I really think burgundy/marsala looks so crisp and fresh with grays. Like a burgundy cashmere sweater with gray flannel pants. It's the shiny burgundy and gold (original to many of my updates) that feels dated. Brilliant!

Leslie Harris said...

Good for the owners...what refreshing color choices ...but they're in such good hands with you! Thanks for those kitchen tips too...

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

This will be a really fun project to follow along with! I think the gray and red combo is going to be killer!

An Urban Cottage said...

Love the color palette. I've been painting the inside of my kitchen cabinet doors that pomegranate color. Annie Sloan primer red. It's kind of fun to open up a door and see a new color.

Stay warm. I saw it's going to be 14 there tomorrow or Thursday.

Jamie Morton said...

So beautiful. Love this colour. Great combinations. Thank you for sharing.
Carpet cleaning Twickenham

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

I love this! An island in the PANTRY?! What!

Curating Craigslist said...

Sherry - Looks fabulous - I especially love the round brass chandelier - where is that from? I'm looking for something similar when we redo our kitchen.

Carrie said...

Love the pomegranate inspiration! This is going to be such a beautiful kitchen.

Blayne Macauley said...

Talk about the dream team! Love Design Galleria!

therelishedroost said...

Gray in the mix is my favorite these days, I miss my gray and parchment kitchen in LP and anything with a pop of a berry tone is a great side color too, cant wait to see it all come together!

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

It's easy to see this is going to be a beautiful space! I love the touches of metallic and the burgundy accent. So pretty!!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Cindy said...

Oh yeah, these are yummy rich colors. It'll be fun to see it all come together.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're in the zone. When I'm super inspired, I have a hard time sleeping and focusing. This looks like it's going to be amazing. You always awe me, but this is crazy cool!

تصميم مطابخ جديده said...

I have seen so many designs but this one is just rare, classic and amazing!! Every kitchen design is packed with loads of creativity. Hats off! to the designer, he literally made the most of the space and functionality. I would love to try this same. I am amazed really!

Back to Top